New twist for Lee Andrews as he’s back on his phone nine days after going ‘missing’

0
1

Katie Price’s ‘missing’ husband is believed to have turned his phone back on after vanishing off the face of the earth for nine days in the latest twist in the saga

There’s been a fresh twist in the saga of Katie Price’s ‘missing’ husband Lee Andrews – as pals claim his phone was suddenly turned back on this morning nine days after he vanished off the face of the earth.

The 43-year-old is said to have been active on his phone earlier today when messages sent to his device via WhatsApp went from one tick to two, showing they had been delivered.

It comes a day after Lee again appeared to be on his phone when he followed an American ‘biker babe’ known as Mari Sol on Instagram. The woman was the only other person Lee was following on the social media channel apart from his 48-year-old wife Katie, who he failed to wish a Happy Birthday on Friday. But ‘biker babe’ has reportedly since blocked him.

On Friday, Lee’s dad claimed his son had not been kidnapped – as was suggested by Lee – but had in fact been arrested in Dubai, which is why he was not contactable. However, wife Katie later debunked this as “fake news”, saying her husband was still missing as she took to Instagram, posting: “Lee is still missing. Me and his family know what’s going on and we’re working with the authorities involved.”

Of the most recent development, a source told The Sun: “I had been messaging Lee and was getting no response. But on Sunday morning, my messages had gone from a single tick to a double – so that device is back on and being used. Lee has multiple phones, but this is the one that is being used now.”

In posts since Lee has been missing, Katie shared a montage of photos of their relationship since they married following a whirlwind meet on social media back in January. Over the top, she sang her own rendition of the Oleta Adams song Get Here.

Two weeks ago, Katie – who has Lee’s number stored in her phone as ‘The One’ – shared chilling text messages from her husband sent from Dubai in which he claimed he had been ‘arrested,’ bundled into a van and taken to a ‘black site’ before abruptly going silent in the early hours.

The former glamour model turned OnlyFans star said she still hadn’t heard from Lee and that the Foreign Office had confirmed it is now ‘supporting the family of a British man’ abroad.

The drama began when Lee failed to board a scheduled flight back to the UK, where he and Katie were due to appear on Good Morning Britain for their first television interview as a couple.

Within days, things turned dark as Katie went public with the final messages she says Lee sent from Dubai, and that his family reported him missing to British authorities.

The texts, shared with The Sun, read: “Been arrested, I’ll be in touch I’m ok xx.” However, he then claimed he had been forced into a van and taken to an undisclosed location, telling his wife: “It’s a black site, I love you, I sort it,” before adding: “I’m in the van… just being detained.”

Article continues below

His dad Pete said: “Lee is OK. He has not been kidnapped but he is under arrest. I don’t know on what charge. I’m not sure where he is being held. But he will call me later today. He is not at my house,” he told the Daily Mail. Lee had been living with dad Pete before becoming involved with mum-of-five Katie earlier this year.

The chief of Dubai Police Brigadier Khalid Khalifa al Avadhi also told the publication: “There are many cases against him.” But Katie hit back at the arrest claims and said: “This is fake news. Lee is still missing. Me and his family know what’s going on and working with the authorities involved.”

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads

Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: mirror.co.uk