The Jaylen Brown vs. City of Beverly Hills drama isn’t stopping anytime soon.
Speaking to Andscape after the Celtics’ 121-110 victory over the Warriors on Thursday night, Brown expressed that he continues to feel disrespected by the City of Beverly Hills and is considering legal action following the events that occurred Feb. 14 at the Beverly Hills home owned by Oakley founder Jim Jannard.
“I’m not a legality type of pursuing guy, but you embarrassed my brand and my team. And I think that is unfair,” Brown told Andscape. “And for you to continue to tell untruths in your apology statement, I feel offended by it. I will circle back with my team this weekend, and we will make a decision.”
Here’s a timeline of events as it happened:
Saturday, Feb. 14 | Event shutdown, social media drama
Brown hosted an event at Jannard’s house — which included panel discussions featuring former Warriors star Andre Iguodala, the National Basketball Players Association president, and rap star LaRussell — to promote his brand, 741Performance.
There were plans for an afterparty, but that moment never arrived.
Police showed up at 7 p.m. and shut down the party, without speaking with Brown and Jannard.
Brown took to social media after the event was shut down, blasting Beverly Hills and the police department.
“Beverly Hills is so trash I’m offended had a great panel about the future of culture with great guest people worked hard for this how dare y’all,” the NBA star posted on X.
He also posted an encounter with a Beverly Hills cop. In the video, the NBA guard asks the cop “for a clear reason” why the event is being shut down, adding he feels “targeted.”
Instagram/jaylenbrownclips
“Who’s shutting this down?” demands Brown.
“That’s above my pay grade,” the officer responds before later adding, “The city.”
Brown claimed the event wasn’t a party, rather, it was a panel and it was only 7 in the evening, and that music “was playing in the daytime.”
“Well, you applied for a permit, the permit was denied, and you guys still had the event,” the officer answers.
“We are just trying to have an event, a panel talking about culture, talking about future, talking about leadership. I feel like we’re being targeted,” the frustrated NBA star says to the camera.
Sunday, Feb. 15 | City of Beverly Hills issues statement, Brown responds
According to a statement given to The Boston Globe the following morning, the City of Beverly Hills rejected a permit for the event.
“On Saturday, February 14, the Beverly Hills Police Department (BHPD) responded to an event taking place at a private residence in the Trousdale neighborhood of the City. An event permit had been applied for and denied by the City due to previous violations associated with events at the address,” the statement read.
“Despite the fact that the permit was denied, organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur. BHPD responded and shut down the unpermitted event.”
Instagram/jaylenbrownclips
Brown refuted that statement after Sunday’s NBA All-Star Game.
“I’m offended by Beverly Hills by the statement they put out, like we applied for something and didn’t get it, and we did it anyway (and) we were insubordinate,” he said postgame. “I know how to follow the rules. I’m smart enough to follow the guidelines. It just seemed like somebody didn’t want whatever we had going on to go on because out of everybody that was doing something, it seemed like I was the only one that gets shut down.”
When asked about the permit, or lack thereof, Brown refuted the city’s statement.
“That was not true,” Brown said. “We didn’t need a permit because the owner of the house, that was his space. We were family friends. He opened up the festivities to us so we didn’t have to. We never applied for one. … I didn’t have to pay for the house or anything. They just opened it up. I had to pay for the build-out, but it was hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted for an event that was supposed to be positive.”
Altogether, Brown said he spent $300,000 on the event, while his sponsors spent about $300,000 to $500,000.
NBAE via Getty Images
Thursday, Feb. 19 | City of Beverly Hills issues apology, Browns calls it ‘half ass’
In a somewhat surprising move, the City of Beverly Hills wrote and released a statement via Instagram taking full accountability of the situation.
“Upon further internal review, the City has determined that its prior public communication contained inaccurate information,” Beverly Hills officials wrote. “Specifically, no permit application was submitted nor denied for the event and the residence does not have any prior related violations on record. The City takes full accountability for the internal error that resulted in the inaccurate statement being distributed and is working to ensure it does not happen again.”
Beverly Hills City Manager Nancy Hunt-Coffey then went a step further, apologizing to Brown and the Jannard family. However, she doubled down on shutting down the party, claiming the city staff “observed circumstances that are believed to be City code violations and for that reason alone, the event was ended.”
Prior to tipoff that night in the Bay Area, Brown responded on X to the apology with a statement and tagged Beverly Hills police.
“This was a private, invitation-only gathering at a private home among friends and partners, not a public or commercial event requiring a permit,” his statement read. “Music was voluntarily turned off at 6:00 PM; well before the 10:00 PM noise ordinance. In advance of the event, our team proactively contacted the Beverly Hills Police Department, requesting to hire an off-duty officer for support, and that request was declined.
“No proof of any alleged violation was ever produced to the homeowner, our team, or legal counsel. Without observation, documentation, or confirmed violations, enforcement action based on belief alone raises serious due-process concerns.”
He then sent another tweet an hour later, saying, “You targeted me and my @741Performance event based on biased information then you give a half ass apology after the damage is already done.”
Everything came to a head after the Celtics’ victory when speaking with reporters.
“I wanted to enjoy myself, and I felt that got taken away,” Brown told reporters after Thursday’s game, in which he had a triple-double. “I was embarrassed. If it happened to me, I’m sure it happened to a bunch of people in the past. I look at it like that. There are probably a bunch of people that don’t scream, falls on deaf fears, which is unfortunate. I’m not sure what the conclusion is. … Even the statement that they put out, they included some stuff that wasn’t true, even in the apology.
“So I don’t think the apology is acceptable. I lost a lot of money (with our) partners, et cetera. People were making assumptions that we didn’t go through the proper protocols. So, all around it’s just a bad taste in my mouth. I’m extremely offended. My team is offended. I’m not sure what the conclusion is going to be. All I know is it’s some bulls—.”
When asked if the shutdown was racially motivated, Brown had some powerful words.
“I don’t know if it was a me thing,” he told Andscape. “I don’t know if it was a demographic thing. I can’t speak for them. All I know: We were targeted. People can infer the rest.”
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: nypost.com








