BREAKING: Jose Mourinho agrees Real Madrid return

0
3

Jose Mourinho has agreed terms on his return to Real Madrid, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

The move has been expected for some time with Benfica boss Mourinho the preferred choice of president Florentino Perez.

But Romano has reported personal terms have been verbally agreed and the formalities will be completed this week.

Mourinho has another 12 months left on his contract at Benfica but it contains a 10-day escape clause that came into effect from the weekend.

Obviously there is something with Real Madrid, admitted Mourinho

Speaking after Saturday’s 3-1 win over Estoril, Mourinho confirmed he had been offered a new deal by Benfica and claimed he had yet to hold face-to-face talks with Perez.

“I don’t know. When I know, I’ll tell you,” he told Sport TV. “There is a chance that I will continue [at Benfica], yes. My desire is, next week, to see what I have. Objectively, I have a proposal for the renewal at Benfica that I thank them for. I am as grateful as I was for the opportunity I was given to coach Benfica a few months ago.

“None of us are stupid, obviously there is something [with Real Madrid], but, as I said, there is no signed contract, there is no contract on the table, there are no conversations between me and the president of Real Madrid, there are no conversations between me and someone important in the club’s structure.

“At this moment, the only real and effective thing that exists is a proposal for continuity by Benfica that I, I repeat, thank them for as much as the opportunity I was given to have the honour of coaching Benfica.”

Benfica finished third in the Primeira Liga table, and missed out on Champions League qualification, despite going through the season unbeaten.

more to follow

Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: 101greatgoals.com