
Hyderabad: The GHMC has decided to approach the Supreme Court to vacate the stay ordered earlier on Monday on tree-felling within 25 to 35 metres of the eco-sensitive zone around the Kasu Brahmananda Reddy (KBR) National Park.
While a senior municipal administration and urban development (MA&UD) official said that the government would approach the Supreme Court, a senior GHMC official asserted that there was no order to stop the work on a related to a bridge at Road No. 2, Banjara Hills, as part of the Hyderabad City Innovative and Transformative Infrastructure’ (H-CITI) project.
“The order pertains only to tree felling within the 25- to 35-metre eco-sensitive zone around the park. It should not be misinterpreted as an order to stop the work,” said a GHMC official.
The GHMC has also in place a ‘zero park intrusion’ policy’ for executing projects around KBR Park. According to this, the need for axing trees around the national park will not arise for executing infrastructure works. As part of this, trees on the central media would be relocated using transplantation methods.
The GHMC has proposed to build seven flyovers and underpasses around KBR Park, of which work on the pillars for a bridge on Banjara Hills Road No. 2 are visible. “The deadline for these works is 2028. We are opting for steel bridges over concrete which expedites the work period multiple folds,” said a GHMC official.
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: deccanchronicle.com





