Spurious Liquor Case: SIT Names 25 In Its Final Chargesheet

0
4

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the excise department has filed nearly 1,300-page final charge sheet before the excise court in Vijayawada in connection with a spurious liquor case.

The charge sheet named 25 accused, including Jogi Ramesh and key operator Addepalli Janardhana Rao. It also listed 89 witnesses.
According to the SIT, the case involved an organised illicit network engaged in the manufacture and distribution of spurious liquor allegedly intended to defame the alliance government in the state.
The SIT alleged that Accused No.1 Janardhana Rao manufactured spurious liquor with the support of former minister Jogi Ramesh and that both made huge profits through its manufacture and supply.
The charge sheet further alleged that Jogi Ramesh gained politically and financially by working with Accused No. 1.
The SIT said the role of some other key persons was still under investigation.
Former minister Jogi Ramesh and his brother Jogi Ramu were arrested earlier in the case and later secured bail after spending nearly 83 days in jail.

Worker dies after fall from building in Tirumala

A 35-year-old worker died after falling from a three-storey building in Tirumala late on Monday night.

The incident occurred near Avadhoota Datta Peetham while the worker was carrying out repair works on a water tank. Police said he accidentally slipped and fell from the building, suffering serious injuries.

He was immediately shifted to the Sri Venkateswara Ramnarain Ruia Government General Hospital in Tirupati for treatment, where he later succumbed to injuries.

The deceased was identified as Manikandan, a native of Vaniyambadi in Tirupattur district of Tamil Nadu. Tirumala police registered a case and investigation is under way.

Tirupati police recover 500 lost mobile phones

Tirupati district police recovered 500 lost and stolen mobile phones worth around `1 crore during the 14th phase of the Mobile Recovery Mela conducted under the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) initiative.

Superintendent of police L. Subba Rayudu handed the recovered phones back to victims at a programme organised here on Tuesday. He said the district police have so far recovered 4,785 mobile phones worth about `10.52 crore through 14 phases of the recovery drive.

He said that police are using the CEIR portal, a Central Government service that enables users to report lost or stolen phones online without visiting police stations.

Subba Rayudu said people who lose their phones can access CEIR services by sending “Hi” to WhatsApp number 9490617873 to receive the portal link and guidance for filing complaints. He explained that once a complaint is registered, the IMEI number of the missing phone can be blocked, preventing its use anywhere in the country and helping police trace the device more effectively. He said the phone can later be unblocked through the same portal after recovery.

The SP said Tirupati police recovered mobile phones not only from AP but also from Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Maharashtra. He advised people to block SIM cards immediately after losing mobile phones, use strong passwords for devices and payment applications, and avoid buying phones from unknown persons.

Two killed in road accident at Adoni

Two persons were killed in a road accident at Adoni in Kurnool district after a Bolero vehicle collided with a motorcycle. Four others sustained injuries in the mishap.

According to police, the victims were returning from Karnataka after attending a relative’s funeral when the accident occurred. The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Police rushed to the spot and are inquiring into the circumstances leading to the accident. The bodies of the deceased were shifted to the Adoni Government Hospital for post-mortem. The identities of the victims are yet to be ascertained.

It may be recalled that barely a month ago, four persons from Karnataka were killed in a car accident on the outskirts of Adoni. The recurrence of such incidents has raised concerns among locals.

A case has been registered and further investigation is under way, police said.

Man kills father over pension money

In a shocking incident, a man allegedly killed his father over a dispute relating to pension money at Pedabayalu mandal in Alluri Sitharama Raju district.

According to police, the incident occurred late on Monday night at Velupalem village under Seekari panchayat limits. The deceased was identified as Lakeyi Simhachalam (60), who, along with his wife Neelamma, worked as an agricultural labourer.

Police said an argument broke out between Simhachalam and his son Ramesh over pension money on Monday evening. During the quarrel, the accused allegedly attacked his father with a stick and struck him on the head, killing him on the spot.

Hearing the commotion, local residents rushed to the spot. However, the accused fled before they arrived.

Police reached the village after receiving information and launched an investigation.

Circle Inspector Lakshman Rao said the accused had earlier served a prison sentence in connection with the murder of his wife nearly five years ago and had recently returned to the village.

The body was shifted to the government hospital at Munchingput for post-mortem examination.

Police registered a case and launched a manhunt to trace the accused, who remains absconding.

Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: deccanchronicle.com