Strictly Come Dancing host Johannes Radebe has set the record straight when it comes to speculation over whether he will quit dancing after landing presenting role on BBC show
Since landing the coveted hosting role on Strictly Come Dancing alongside TV legend Emma Willis and comedian Josh Widdicombe, speculation over whether Johannes Radebe will quit dancing has been rife. The 39 year old professional dancer made a name for himself over the years having appeared on the South African version of the BBC show and also Dancing With The Stars.
But in 2018 he joined Strictly and became a national treasure. The new line-up will replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who announced their departure from the much loved show in October last year.
Speaking to Emma on her BBC Radio 2 show over the weekend, Johannes set the record straight once and for all when it comes to the future of his professional dancing career.
He claimed that the one question he has been asked since the announcement on Tuesday, is “are you not going to dance any more?”.
In response Emma said: “We would all be bereft if that was the case.”
Johannes assured his listeners: “No, listen, I’m not hanging (up) my dancing shoes yet. I’m not, I’m not. I will definitely be throwing some shapes and moving my hips. I can’t (not). That’s my life.”
He added: “For it to be just taken away completely would be a travesty for me also. So, it’s not lost. There is a plan in action. I mean, it’s not my space any more to be on that dancefloor. But there’s gonna be … you’re gonna see JoJo.”
Also on the show was Josh, making up the new powerful trio. Josh has appeared on the show as a contestant during one of the BBC’s festive special.
But it appears keep his new-found role under wraps was quite a challenge. He said: “It was such a weird couple of weeks. I didn’t tell my children. I thought my children were definite leaks.”
Making their first public appearance at the Chelsea Flower Show, Emma said: “It was really busy at Chelsea Flower Show yesterday, wasn’t it, JoJo? When you walk around with you, it’s like I would imagine if you were walking around with Brad Pitt.”
“Stop it. I said to my agent, what are they trying to achieve, putting me in an afternoon, a sunny hot afternoon, with middle-aged women? It’s just not gonna go. Those are my people, he replied.
Josh then chimed in saying: “Genuinely, me and Emma were walking around – I’ve never felt so anonymous in my life. It was unbelievable.”
Speculation over who was set to replace both Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman has been a major talking point since last year.
Speaking about having to keep the news to herself, The former Big Brother host said: “I didn’t tell my parents. I only told one of my children, and not the other two, because I thought they might blab.”
It has been reported that their on screen chemistry during tests was undeniable which is why BBC executives wasted no time in hiring all three.
Referring to their chemistry, Josh added: “Every time we chat I think, ‘oh my god, what if there’s no chemistry there?’ And every time you guys make me laugh so much. It’s a joy.”
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: mirror.co.uk










