Hollywood was horrified last December when director Rob Reiner and his wife Michele were murdered in their home hours after attending a festive party hosted by Conan O’Brien
Conan O’Brien has broken his silence over the brutal murder of Rob Reiner, who was killed hours after attending the talk show host’s festive party. Hollywood was devastated when Rob and his wife, Michele, were stabbed to death in their own home on 14 December last year.
The iconic director and his wife died just minutes apart at the ages of 78 and 70, respectively. The death of the couple was even more tragic as their 32-year-old son Nick, who has battled addiction and mental health issues, was later arrested and charged for the murders and is due back in court on Monday for his arraignment after this was delayed from early January.
Hours before Rob and Michele were brutally killed in their own home, they had attended a holiday party hosted by Conan, 62. A report previously stated that Nick joined them at the party where the father and son were seen arguing before they left, and hours later, the legendary director and his wife were dead.
Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as your Preferred Source in your Google search settings.
READ MORE: Man who struggled to lose weight sheds 7 stone and gets abs after spotting Instagram ad READ MORE: Rob Reiner’s son Nick ‘thinks he is victim of a conspiracy’ after parents’ murders
Conan has now broken his silence on the chilling murders – explaining that it is “hard for me to comprehend” the tragedy. Opening up to The New Yorker, the talk show host – who has been married to advertising copywriter Liza Powel since 2002 – said: “I knew Rob and Michele, and then increasingly got closer and closer to them, and I was seeing them a lot.
“My wife and I were seeing them a lot, and they were so — they were just such lovely people. And to have that experience of saying goodnight to somebody and having them leave and then find out the next day that they’re gone. … I think I was in shock for quite a while afterward. I mean, there’s no other word for it. It’s just very — it’s so awful. It’s just so awful.”
In December last year, just two days after Rob and Michele’s murders rocked the entertainment world, The Hollywood Reporter published an article that shared details of Conan’s festive bash. The report stated that guests questioned if Nick was a stranger who had “walked in off the street” before he was spotted arguing with Rob.
The report stated: “An erratic male figure wandered around the party and interrupted conversations, demanding to know who attendees were and if they were ‘famous.’ Many, like Jane Fonda and Bill Hader, in fact were.”
The report continued: “Nick’s name was not on the invitation. But his parents asked O’Brien if he could tag along. His behaviour, which had often been extreme and stressful, had grown increasingly more concerning in recent weeks. They were reluctant to leave him home alone, in the guesthouse of their Brentwood home, where he was currently living under their watchful supervision.
“Hader calmly responded to Nick that he was engaged in a private conversation, according to someone with knowledge of the situation. Nick glared at him for what felt like an uncomfortable amount of time. Some time later, shouts echoed. All conversations stopped and turned toward the racket. Two men, arguing. It was Rob and his son, having it out over Nick’s asocial and unsettling behaviour.”
The report went on to state that the family departed the party soon after and that while festivities continued, the atmosphere “was altered” by the scenes. A few short hours later, Rob and Michele were dead.
Nick was initially to face his charges in court in early January; however, his lawyer, Alan Jackson, abruptly quit. He said at the time that “Circumstances beyond our control” forced him off the case.
Nick was then granted a public defender, and the hearing was postponed to late February. Rob and Michele were also survived by their two other children: 34-year-old eldest son Jake Reiner and 28-year-old daughter Romy Reiner.
Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads .
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: mirror.co.uk








