Fury: Usyk will beg me for a trilogy! ‘Without belts, I’m still the man’

0
4

Tyson Fury believes he will set a third fight with Oleksandr Usyk before the year is out.

Fury and Usyk have met in two memorable heavyweight contests, with the latter winning on points on both occasions.

They boxed in 2024, initially for the first undisputed heavyweight championship of the four-belt era. Usyk became the first professional fighter to defeat Fury in that encounter and then repeated the feat in another intensely fought bout in their rematch in December of 2024.

Fury bitterly disputed the outcome of both fights, with the second defeat prompting him to retire from the sport last year.

“Dick Turpin wore a mask when he was robbing people. I got robbed in broad daylight with the world watching,” Fury told Sky Sports.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Tyson Fury playfully tickled Arslanbek Makhmudov at the face-off ahead of their much-anticipated fight in April.

But he is adamant that he will get a shot at revenge, sooner rather than later.

“He’ll be begging for a trilogy by the end of the year. There’s no one for him to fight to make any money. There’s only the GK, the big man,” Fury said. “I’m the man, with or without belts.

“With or without money, I’m still the man. With or without belts, I’m still the man. You know – why? Because I’m the biggest fish in the pond.”

Fury will fight again on April 11 against Arslanbek Makhmudov at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.

He has launched this comeback with ambitions of eventually winning a world title once again.

Makhmudov is a solid contender with a good world ranking. Victory in their fight would be a key step for Fury to set himself up for bigger fights to come.

“No 6 ranked WBA, big, dangerous man and someone I have to respect or else I’ll get knocked out,” Fury said of Makhmudov.

“If I had my way, how would I get my route back to a world title? Here’s what I’d do: I’d say, right, make this fellow world champion and I’d fight him for the title and win – and then I’d be world champion again. Easy.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Tyson Fury speaks ahead of his fight against Arslanbek Makhmudov and paid a tribute to fellow heavyweight Anthony Joshua after the boxer was involved in a tragic car accident, losing two of his closest friends.

Fury’s long-time rival is fellow British heavyweight Anthony Joshua, but any talk of the two former world champions fighting one another will be put on hold while Joshua recovers from the terrible car accident that left two of his close friends dead.

Fury has paid tribute to Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele and voiced his concern for Joshua while he mourns his friends.

“Let’s give the man the respect he deserves and his time away from the sport and let’s not call him out and make him do things he doesn’t want to do in this present moment,” Fury reflected.

“Let’s just leave it there with him. I’m just going to focus on my own career and if Anthony Joshua comes back then blessing to him, and if he doesn’t come back also blessing to him because he’s done fantastic – been a two-time heavyweight champion already. he’s earned plenty of money, changed his life.

“So if that fight happens in the future, great. And if it doesn’t, also great.”

Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: skynews.com