As Andrew Mountbatten Windsor returns home to Sandringham following his arrest, ex ex-wife Sarah Ferguson continues to keep a low profile, with her whereabouts remaining mysterious
While Andrew Mountbatten Windsor has become the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson is keeping a low profile. But there are hints as to how she might be spending her days.
The former prince has now been released from custody after police arrested him on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday, but he remains “under investigation”.
Plain-clothed officers arrived at Andrew’s temporary home of Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate on the morning of his 66th birthday. Today, several unmarked police cars were spotted arriving at Royal Lodge in Windsor.
The operation is part of an ongoing investigation into allegations related to the alleged sharing of confidential information during his time as the UK’s special trade envoy.
As detectives continue their search of Andrew’s former home, the wider royal family are dealing with the reverberations of this latest development. This includes Sarah, who was stripped of her titles late last year alongside her ex-husband amid scrutiny over their links to paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew has vehemently and consistently denied any wrongdoing.
With her reputation in tatters, the former Duchess of York hasn’t been seen publicly since September 25, 2025, when she was photographed looking particularly downcast leaving her Royal Lodge, the 30-bedroom mansion the Yorks had shared as amicable divorcees for 20 years. And while Andrew has been granted a new residence on the King’s private Sandringham estate, Fergie’s fate remains far more mysterious.
Ensure our latest headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as your Preferred Source in your Google search settings.
While King Charles has a issued a statement regarding Andrew’s arrest, Ferguson has so far remained quiet on the matter, as have her daughters, Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35. It’s said that the royal sisters have been left “in a state” over their father’s arrest, and one of them is believed to be with their mother. Concerns have also been raised regarding Fergie’s mental health, with sources describing the police investigation as “catastrophic for her and her girls”.
Claiming that the “curse” of Epstein is continuing to loom large over the former duchess, a source told The Telegraph: “This is catastrophic for her and the girls. She seems to be doing her best to put a brave face on it. Her desperation for money was clear stupidity, but does that equate to what she’s going through now?”
Questions have also been raised regarding her daughters’ whereabouts. While Beatrice’s property developer husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 42, was recently spotted taking a trip across the pond to Miami and Palm Beach, the princess herself was nowhere to be seen. Meanwhile, Beatrice was spotted taking her daughter, Sienna, for a horse ride with Andrew just days before he ended up in police custody. It’s claimed that none of the royals knew of Andrew’s arrest before it happened.
Speculation is rife that Fergie is lying low somewhere abroad, having recently spent a few days in the French Alps with pals before reportedly moving on to the United Arab Emirates. It is here where Fergie is allegedly plotting her comeback, which doesn’t look likely to include Andrew.
A source told the Daily Mail last week that Fergie has been telling pals, “I need to get back to work. I need money.” The former royal, who had previously remained close to Andrew even after their very public divorce, reportedly also declared, “When I come back, I am going to have to put some distance between myself and Andrew.”
A source has previously claimed that before Andrew was ejected from Royal Lodge, Fergie snuck in and out by car while “lying prone on the back seat”. With rumours flying that the 66-year-old grandmother may have fled overseas, Virgin Group was forced to deny reports that she had taken refuge at Richard Branson’s Necker Island in the Caribbean, issuing the following firm statement on the matter: “Sir Richard has had no contact with Sarah Ferguson following the release of the Epstein files and, contrary to some media reports, can confirm she is not on Necker Island either.”
It seems highly unlikely Ferguson will be in any hurry to join Andrew at boggy Marsh Farm in Norfolk, with royal author Andrew Lownie telling the Mirror: “I think she wouldn’t want to go to Sandringham and be linked to old misery guts.” Instead, Lownie, who penned the explosive biography entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York, believes it’s certainly possible that Ferguson may have fled the country altogether, a tactic she has previously made a “habit” of during bumpy moments in her life – according to him.
The writer also believes it is likely that Fergie, who reportedly once attempted to bag a £40,000 kitchen for free, is now “sponging off a rich pal” as she navigates her latest crisis. Lownie went on to explain that, while Eugenie has “cut loose” her father, behind closed doors, the daughters may still be in touch with their mum.
Speaking to us before Andrew’s arrest, he said: “I talked to a member of staff the other day, and Eugenie has cut loose. The girls clearly want to keep in with the Royal Family, partly that’s where their future lies, and their commercial prospects lie. Remaining princesses, being able to do business in the Middle East, and that was the deal that I think has been struck by Andrew to leave Royal Lodge. But that doesn’t preclude them quietly, secretly showing loyalty to their parents by seeing them privately. So it’s not having to make a choice, they’ve managed to do both. I do think Eugenie has taken it publicly, the line certainly publicly, because of her Anti-Slavery Collective charity, that she has cut loose.”
Breaking his silence on his brother’s arrest, Charles yesterday issued the following statement: “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R.”
Sarah Ferguson has been approached for comment.
Do you have a story to share? Email me at julia.banim@reachplc.com.
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: mirror.co.uk










