Two men have been charged with multiple offences, including firearm possession, as the investigation into a fatal crash on the Bruce Highway at Burpengary last week continues.
The crash killed 26-year-old Brisbane man Andre Roberts, who was travelling on the highway when his car was struck by an allegedly stolen truck that was travelling southbound on the wrong side of the highway about 10.30pm on Tuesday.
Footage showed several other vehicles were also driving behind the truck at high speed, also on the wrong side. The Hino flat-bed truck crashed into a Honda Accord driven by Roberts – travelling in the correct lane – and caught fire, tragically killing him instantly.
The 46-year-old man driving the Hino remains in a critical condition in hospital.
On Sunday, police also confirmed the Hino truck – initially believed to be an Isuzu – was bearing false numberplates belonging to a different vehicle.
Police said that as part of the investigation, detectives from the Moreton District Criminal Investigation Branch and Homicide Investigation Unit searched a property at Redcliffe on Friday where they found stolen property and a firearm linked to the stolen truck.
“Two men, a 49-year-old and 36-year-old, both from Redcliffe have been charged man with enter premises, unlawful use of a motor vehicle and weapons offences are assisting police with their inquiries,” they said in a statement.
“They are expected to appear in Redcliffe Magistrates Court on 16 March 2026 and continue to assist police with their inquiries.
“Detectives have identified all vehicles involved in the incident and a number of people are assisting police with their inquiries.”
A Ford Ranger had already been identified as the vehicle following the Hino. It was located at a business on Magnesium Street in Narangba about 5.30pm on Wednesday.
A Narangba man was arrested that day in relation to the discovery.
Sections of the highway were closed until about 5am on Wednesday after the devastating crash.
With Dominique Tassell
From our partners
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: www.smh.com.au



