A 46-year-old man from WA has been arrested over allegations he was producing and distributing child exploitation material to prisoners around the world, who were behind bars for child sex offences and murder.
A referral from the Texas Board of Criminal Justice to the WA Police Child Exploitation Operations Squad resulted in a search warrant being executed on a home in Manning, in Perth’s south, on February 12.
It will be alleged the accused had been corresponding heavily with convicted child sex offenders and murderers around the world for a number of years, through both written and electronic forums.
During the search warrant, police allegedly located and seized numerous files, photos, and videos belonging to the accused that are classified as child exploitation material.
A 46-year-old man has been charged with two counts ofdistributing child exploitation material and three counts of producing child exploitation material.
He has been remanded in custody to next appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today.
Here’s what’s making headlines today:
- The long detention signalled the gravity of the investigation into the former prince and his time as an official trade envoy, as King Charles pledged to assist the investigation into his younger brother.
- US President Donald Trump says he will likely decide whether to launch strikes against Iran over the next 10 days, as he continues the biggest American miliary build-up in the Middle East since the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- A board member of superannuation giant CBUS has resigned and a director is under internal review after separate allegations they have engaged in inappropriate relationships.
- The Milano Cortina Olympics continues to be stalked by the cauldron of American politics, with the Epstein files and speculation of a visit by US president Donald Trump providing further distractions for the organisers.
Morning all and welcome to the last live blog for the week.
Making headlines, crime reporter Rebecca Peppiatt has revealed the suburbs with the highest crime rates for 2025, and while some suburbs saw a dramatic downturn in criminal activity, for others it was a different story.
WAtoday has examined the data and compiled a per capita snapshot of each suburb, giving a fairer picture of which areas of Perth suffered the most issues.
Sticking with crime news, and the verdict looms for David Pye – the man accused of paying a trained sniper to carry out the shooting of Nick Martin at Kwinana Motorplex in 2020.
Pye has denied that allegation.
The former soldier, who cannot be identified as his identity is suppressed, previously admitted to murdering Martin while he sat watching the races with his family, but the alleged hitman says he was paid to do so by Pye, with whom he had struck up a friendship over drugs and his work overseas.
Pye will be sentenced today.
We have revealed more on the murder of Gwenneth Graham who was found dead in bushland near Balga in 1974.
And for almost three years, residents and locally owned businesses along Railway Parade in Midland have lived alongside the construction of the new Midland Train Station redevelopment.
What we did not expect, writes Kevin Bartholomew – owner of Commercial Bar and Kitchen in Midland which has been heavily impacted by the Midland station project – was the sustained pattern of disregard for the local community during delivery. And this, increasingly, appears to reflect something larger than one project.
Stay with us as more news breaks.
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: www.smh.com.au







