Network 10 will “rest” its popular reality show, I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! – and although the broadcaster is keen to revive the series in future, it is now vulnerable to being poached by a rival network.
“We have made the decision to rest I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! in 2027 as we focus on offering our audience a range of content on all platforms,” a 10 spokesperson said. “We look forward to working with [current hosts] Julia Morris and Robert Irwin on other projects.”
Network 10 made the announcement on Friday, after more than a week of rumours surrounding its future.
Several sources from 10 and production company ITV Studios Australia – speaking last week on the condition of anonymity due to the commercially sensitive nature of negotiations – said the network was eager to retain the format.
“10 has been running the ruler over I’m a Celeb for months on end,” said one ITV source. “They’ve been looking at every possible option to make it stack up financially but in the end, it’ll come down to whether or not they can justify the cost.”
Another ITV insider said 10’s exclusivity period for I’m a Celebrity expired in April, allowing the company to begin shopping the series to other networks.
“But this has happened before,” the source said. “The exclusivity period would expire and then a few months later, usually around June or July, 10 would sign on for another year. And if 10 decides not to pick it up for 2027, we’re pretty confident that Seven or Nine will be interested.” (Nine is the owner of this masthead.)
In a statement, Irwin said, “I want to express what an absolute privilege it has been to work on this show for the past three seasons. I grew up watching this show as so many Aussies do, so to be part of the fantastic team that make this series a reality felt like a dream come true. We have had the honour of sharing incredible stories and create a platform to shine a light on amazing charities that our celebrities have supported along the way. And to do it all alongside my co-host, and friend, Julia Morris made it a truly life-changing experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.”
Morris said, “I’m A Celebrity and our whole jungle family who make this show have made it the best working experience of my lifetime. I have loved every moment and will be forever grateful to [network president Beverley McGarvey] and the whole team at Network 10 for not only believing in this show but nurturing it for 12 years. And to our jungle family watching from home, we love you.”
At first glance, Network 10’s decision may seem strange: I’m a Celebrity is consistently one of the network’s most-watched programs, and this year’s season had its strongest start since 2022.
In January, its debut episode averaged almost 1.19 million viewers nationally (this figure includes everyone who watched or streamed the episode within seven days of its initial screening). The season finale, which ended in February, averaged 700,000 viewers.
More to come…
Want more TV? We’ve got you.
From our partners
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: www.smh.com.au



