The host of an unofficial Blues fan podcast has had his Carlton membership revoked until the end of the 2026 season, following inappropriate remarks about a popular female-focused supporter group called the Carlton Besties.
Earlier in the week, host of The Jumper Punch, Rocco Stagnitti, said he would “punch the f— out of the Besties”, while discussing a charity boxing match between content creators, prompting laughter from the other three male panellists.
The podcast is not officially linked to Carlton.
“Name one creator out there that I wouldn’t beat up,” Stagnitti said in the episode which is still available on Instagram.
The four podcasters discussed several Carlton fans who they thought would beat Stagnitti in a boxing match, before he said: “But anyone else … I’d punch the f— out of the Besties”.
“There you go, Respects Round mate right there, Respects Round mate,” one of the podcast guests said.
Launched in 2016, the Carlton Respects game is an annual fixture dedicated to promoting gender equality and raising awareness for the prevention of family and domestic violence.
In a statement on Thursday, Carlton Football Club condemned the comments made on The Jumper Punch, noting “football should be a place for everyone to enjoy a sense of community and belonging”.
“The segment was abhorrent and in no way reflective of the values of the Carlton Football Club or the wider Carlton community, who have, and continue to be, incredibly supportive of the club’s commitment to raising awareness around the prevention of violence,” they said.
“Violence against women is never acceptable, and content of this nature reinforces why education around respectful relationships remains so important, which the club remains committed to supporting.”
According to a source with direct knowledge of the matter, speaking on condition of anonymity, Carlton have removed Stagnitti’s membership until the end of the 2026 season.
Stagnitti and the other podcast panellists have also been offered the opportunity to participate in respect workshops.
Co-founder of Carlton Besties, Tori Saros told this masthead on Thursday she was not surprised by the remarks made on The Jumper Punch and encouraged people to keep calling out inappropriate behaviour.
Stagnitti posted on Instagram on Thursday morning, apologising to the Besties. He said he did not make the comment “with any intention of wanting to really punch anyone”.
“Although my intentions were not malicious, I completely acknowledge that what I said promotes the wrong message, and made many feel uncomfortable,” Stagnitti said.
“This is a position I would never want to put anyone in, but more importantly women.
“For that, I am sorry, and I apologise to everyone that was affected by my comments.”
Stagnitti said his comments were never intended to be “a serious threat to anyone” and said it was a light-hearted discussion about a charity boxing match.
From our partners
Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: www.smh.com.au







