Cause of death released for NASCAR great Kyle Busch

0
2

The family of Kyle Busch released a statement on Saturday morning confirming the cause of death for the two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion on Thursday.

“The medical evaluation provided to the Busch Family concluded that severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis, resulting in rapid and overwhelming associated complications.”

The public was first notified of a ‘severe illness’ that hospitalized the 41-year-old on Thursday morning just three days before he was set to compete in the prestigious Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

He had just competed in the NASCAR All-Star Race on Sunday at Dover Motor Speedway and even won the Craftsman Truck Series race that Friday afternoon. 

Since then, the Associated Press reported that Busch was conducting a session at the Chevrolet racing simulator in Concord, North Carolina when he became unresponsive and requiring medical attention.

An emergency call was made from the facility where an unidentified caller asked the dispatcher for an ambulance.

“I’ve got an individual that’s (got) shortness of breath, very hot, thinks he’s going to pass out, and is producing a little bit of blood, coughing up some blood.” The caller stated Busch was lying on the bathroom floor and was awake while also asking for discretion from the medical response.

On May 10, Busch was competing in the Cup Series race at Watkins Glen International and told his Richard Childress Racing No. 8 team over the radio that he needed a post-race visit from traveling NASCAR physician Dr. Bill Heisel for a ‘shot.’

The next week, Busch told attending media at Dover that he was still dealing with a sinus issue. Busch attended the opening of the Andretti Karting facility in Durham, North Carolina on Tuesday night before his simulator session on Wednesday.

The Busch Family asked for ‘continued understanding and privacy during this difficult time,’ in closing the statement.

Read Also:

We want your opinion!

What would you like to see on Motorsport.com?

Take our 5 minute survey.

– The Motorsport.com Team

Disclaimer : This story is auto aggregated by a computer programme and has not been created or edited by DOWNTHENEWS. Publisher: motorsport.com